Opens at 11am during park operating days • Imagine children playing in a water oasis where technology and nature combine. Here, they learn how to conserve water by playing in it...surrounded by palm trees and nestled in the foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains. Our half-acre water play area features Splash Pad, Water Journey and Oasis Lagoon...It's a Cool Way to Play!
Closed October-mid May for winter maintenance.
Water Oasis Rules
To ensure the safest experience for all guests during their visit, the following rules are in effect. We appreciate your cooperation in this regard.
- Attractions may have specific height, weight, and safety requirements. Please refer to the Safety Guide sign posted at each attraction to make an informed decision as to whether the attraction is right for you.
- Please refrain from running, horseplay, and other boisterous activities.
- Glassware and similar material with a tendency to shatter on impact are not permitted in Water Oasis.
- For safety reasons, diving is not permitted in the Lagoon.
- Water Oasis and Gilroy Gardens are smoke-free environments. Smoking is only permitted outside the park.
- Keep an eye on your young children. Children should not be left unattended at any time.
- Cameras, cell phones and video recording devices may not be used on any slide or in any changing area or restroom.
- Water toys, whistles, and inflatable assists are not permitted.
- Masks and snorkels are not permitted in the Lagoon.
- Hearing devices or any other electronic devices may be damaged by water. Please take the necessary steps to protect such items.
- According to crowd size, time at the water attractions and access to Water Oasis may be limited.
To participate in water park attractions, appropriate swimwear is required. Here are some recommendations to help you plan your visit:
- Appropriate swimwear is required. Thongs and transparent clothing are not permitted. We reserve the right to determine the appropriateness of swimwear.
- Guests wearing bathing attire with metal buttons, rivets, zippers, or snaps will not be permitted to use the slides.
- Aqua socks and aquatic style footwear are the only footwear permitted in the lagoon and on the slides.
- Guests requiring special accommodation should speak to a member of the Aquatics management team. Specifically designed attire made out of lycra or nylon type materials will be considered. Due to attraction manufacturer requirements, some riding restrictions may apply.
- Diaper dependent guests are required to wear swim diapers or a diaper specifically designed for aquatic use.
- When exiting Water Oasis, shirts, shorts, and shoes are required.
- Children’s’ swimsuits and other aquatic gear can be purchased at Oasis Cabana Cart.
Our Aquatics staff is here to ensure that you have a safe and pleasant visit. First aid staff and water park supervisors are available throughout the area should you have any questions or need assistance. Please follow all lifeguard rules and instructions, but do not talk to or distract lifeguards while they are on duty.
In an effort to provide a safe and enjoyable water park experience for our guests, Water Oasis routinely utilizes training exercises to improve our lifeguards’ skills and vigilance. These exercises will occur during normal operating hours and may consist of the following: submersible water mannequins, the use of video surveillance equipment, internal and external audits, active/inactive water rescues and/or first aid scenarios.
Water Oasis provides a full day of fun in the sun! To make the most of your day, be sure to drink plenty of water in order to avoid heat exhaustion. Drinking fountains are located near each restroom. Don’t forget to apply sunscreen frequently throughout the day. If you happen to forget your sunscreen, Oasis Cabana Cart and various merchandise locations throughout the Park have a variety of sunscreens and sundries available for purchase.
Life jackets are available for use throughout Water Oasis. Life jackets are complimentary and are available to any guest wishing to use one. Children, first-time swimmers, and weaker swimmers are encouraged to wear a life jacket. Life jackets are available for all guests needing special consideration. Some attractions require children below a specific height to wear a life jacket before participating in the attraction. Aquatics staff and lifeguards reserve the right to impose the use of life jackets as needed. For specific attraction requirements, please visit our Water Features page. Guests are permitted to wear their own life jacket; however it must be Coast Guard certified.
The First Aid Station is located behind Monarch Garden. If you need any assistance during your visit, do not hesitate to stop by the First Aid Station, or notify the nearest lifeguard. Our team will be glad to assist.
Upon arriving, we recommend selecting a meeting place such as the Welcome Center, in the event you or your child becomes lost or separated from your party. In the unlikely event that your child becomes separated, please alert an associate. Public address pages cannot be broadcast inside Gilroy Gardens.
Lost & Found
If you happen to lose an item or leave an item behind while visiting, please drop by the Welcome Center during regular operating hours. After hours, please visit Guest Services located at the front entrance of the Park.
Gilroy Gardens is committed to providing all of our guests with an enjoyable visit. Guests with disabilities are encouraged to visit our Guests with Disabilities page for detailed information on the requirements of each attraction, along with the programs that Gilroy Gardens and Water Oasis offer.
For your convenience, lockers are located next to the changing rooms. Various locker sizes are available for all of your personal belongings. Locker rentals are automated and can be paid using cash and credit cards. Debit cards cannot be used at this time. The lockers work with electronic pin codes and will allow unlimited access throughout the day. Locker access is available until both Water Oasis and Gilroy Gardens are closed for the evening. Gilroy Gardens cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen items.
May I bring in food for my child or a picnic for my family?
FOOD FACT FAQs
Q: What food and drink can I bring into the Park for my child?
A: We respect that some guests are too young to eat anything not prepared at home. Baby food, toddler snacks and water are always allowed. Please restrict your toddler snacks to one snack bag per child.
Q: Can we bring a picnic lunch?
A: Yes, out of courtesy to our vendors we ask that you use the picnic areas conveniently located outside the Front Gate near your car.
Q: My child or family member has a special diet—may I bring in their food?
A: We do not discriminate for any dietary need: medical, religious or personal choice. Out of courtesy to all our guests we ask that outside food remain in the picnic areas located outside the Front Gate.
Q: Does Gilroy Gardens provide vegan, gluten-free, whole food and fresh food options?
A: Yes, we have a wide variety of options and pride ourselves in fresh food made to order in many locations.
FUN FOOD FACTS
-Sugar Plum Farm bakes fresh sub rolls daily
-Enjoy a fresh shell Taco Salad at San Juan or a try Cobb Salad at Sugar Plum
-Try Red Lentil Curry on white Jasmine Rice at Villa Pasta & Pizza
-Uncle John's BBQ serves Corn on the Cob—fresh off the grill!
-Villa Pasta & Pizza serves Garlic Toasted Pita Bread with Hummus
-Kids 6 and under eat free rice at Villa Pasta & Pizza and The Wok
-Sugar Plum Farm offers Gummy Bears and Goldfish Crackers snack bags
-Enjoy Teriyaki Chicken at The Wok
-Refill your child's sippy cup with Minute Maid orange juice or apple juice at Villa Pasta & Pizza and Sugar Plum for 99¢
-Premium Pass Holders get 20% off food at all our restaurants